Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Waning...

I don't want to lose momentum on this...so I'm just going to spit out some written nonsense.

My body's been a bit of a wreck lately. What with hockey and "quitting" smoking, I've felt a bit haggard. But haggard in a good way, I suppose. Sort of a low-level form of masochism. I'd never have the guts to do the real thing, so I'm content, seemingly, to remain mildly sore at all times.

Since February 28th, the last blog day for me, I've turned 30 years old. This milestone hit with something closer to a whimper than a bang, and I wonder if it's because I've maturely and at the envy of everyone I know, been able to transcend worry about my age; that I've learned to properly prioritize. Or...(and let's be honest, this is more likely it), I'm resigned to the fact that one crap year is the same as the next. GOOD TIMES, yo.

In all honesty, however, I've had rare bouts of uncharacteristic optimism as of late, and I'm hoping to turn into one of those people for which their "elder" years turn out better then their younger...30 is the new 20, blah blah blah.

Anyway, this was just to get back into the habit. More to come.

I'd also like to give a special hello to the very very special folks at the Black Sheep Pub, helping to make 30 (and 29, at that), a happyhappy funtimes kind of year.

Word.

No comments: