Sunday, November 19, 2006

We Swear, We Had No Idea...

I had no idea that there is a Chuck Klosterman "book" subtitled "85% of a true story." Or maybe I knew it in the back of my head, but I promise that's not where my blog title came from.

Reminds me of this:

New Yorkers (or maybe it was national, I don't know): do you remember, sometime in the early 80s, there was this Public Service Announcement about keeping prescription meds away from kids? Well, the pill puppets that starred in this PSA, in all their creepy, pastel-blue, falsettoed glory, had a little song. It went like this (at least, part of it did):

This is serious (serious)
We could make you delirious (delirious)
You should have a healthy fear of us
'Cause too much of us is dangerous.

Sound familiar? It's Dangerous by Busta Rhymes. I saw an interview with Busta (I call him Busta) a bunch of years back, when he was called out on it. And totally jovially and unapolagetically, my man just laughs and said that he must have heard it, but forgot, and then a zillion years later was writing Dangerous, and thought he came up with it himself. I don't totally buy it, but part of me sort of does, you know?

Kind of like the Klosterman thing.

I really, really enjoy italics, colons and semicolons.
Enjoy

No comments: