Tuesday, February 3, 2009

In the Parlance of Our Times

I've been sick for three weeks...motherfucking hell. I'm miserable. But I felt like I was ditching y'all. So hey!

Several things to say, on the Lebowski front....

First off, I know this is old, but someone sent me this photo, and I couldn't stop laughing:

it's just pure genius.

Secondly, some friends of mine recently hosted a Lebowski party at my apartment. Lebowski party = eating corn nuts, drinking White Russians, and then going bowling (I skipped the bowling part, myself).

It's not exactly what I would call a feelgood movie, but I always feel good when I see it. It's extremely well written and such a great movie (fuckoff, I'm not a movie critic...), but in addition to that, it always makes me think of folks that are/were very important to me. And while I'm sad I lost touch with a lot of them, the movie always makes me feel closer to them, somehow. Makes no sense, sounds corny, so be it. It's just the case.

Also: I recently re-united with a friend of mine on bloody FaceBook...it's my favorite FB "reunited and it feels so good" story. I am so happy to have found him.

How does this relate? 'Cause he's always reminded me of..

No comments: